Careers | Open Positions
Job Title: Assistant Foreman
Reports To: Superintendent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: 03/20/2019
This position will assist with managing and directing project operations and responsible for quality and production. Assist the Foreman in managing the crew while being hands-on with each project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in ensuring work shifts begin in a timely manner with work orders assign accordingly.
- Motivate team members to work together to accomplish project completion.
- Assist the Foreman to troubleshoot any areas of concern for each project.
- Prepares concrete surfaces for industrial floor coating.
- Install industrial floor coatings (i.e. epoxies, mortars, etc.)
- Polish concrete surfaces.
- Enforces and adheres to all quality control standards and product specifications.
- Lead toolbox safety meetings before each workday.
- Maintaining flooring equipment, which includes making repairs and ensuring proper supplies are on-hand to complete all tasks.
- Maintain a clean and orderly job site and trailer.
- Ability to communicate clearly to co-workers, management, customers, and contractors.
- Must display a professional and positive attitude towards co-workers, management, customers, and contractors.
- Compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations.
- Strive to meet and exceed all production targets and deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team with minimal supervision.
- General duties directed by Superintendent or Foreman.
- Reacts to change in productivity and special project assigned by the management team.
- Be able to work in indoor as well as outdoor atmospheres.
- Concrete resurfacing and polishing
- High-performance coatings like epoxy and polyurethane/urethane floors
- Diamond grinding
- MMA floor coatings and/or resinous floor coatings
- Familiar with concrete flooring products and tools
- Knowledge of flooring equipment like grinders
- Knowledge of/skilled in installing flooring systems – self-leveling mortars, urethane mortar trowel downs, coatings and the ability to finish 4, 6, or 8-inch high cove base
- Work week is 40+ hours
Licenses: Must possess a valid driver’s license, CDL is a plus.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedures policies.. Ability to speak effectively with team members and management. Strong written and oral communication and effective listening skills.
Concern with accuracy and thoroughness; attentiveness to specific details. Ability to add and subtract as well as multiply and divide. Strong organizational skills.
Work Planning/Time Management
Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change. Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines in completing projects.
Provide high standards of ethics and integrity for quality work, safety, and job performance. Able to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel 80 – 100%